St. Demetrios General Assembly • December 12, 2021
St. Demetrios General Assembly December 12, 2021
St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church held a General Assembly on December 12, 2021.
The purpose was to review and approve the 2022 budget along with several other items. The power point presentation is included for your review.
Actions taken by the members;
- Approved the 2022 Proposed budget which included increases in clergy pension contributions, salary increases for both priests, and a significant increase in the projected stewardship income.
- Information on consolidation of multiple accounts as well as current state of restricted accounts
- Summary of accomplishments for 2021
- Stewardship update in which continued emphasis is on supporting operations 100% from Stewardship in order to allow fundraising efforts to be used exclusively for charitable work
- Bylaws revisions which allows for better consistency between St Demetrios bylaws and the Uniform Parish Regulations. The bylaws had not been revised since 1995. Also changes the number of members for Parish Council allowing for 9-15 members versus a fixed number
- Receive update for Philanthropia which has established a new board, re-assessed financial status, establishing a budget and signed a lease with St Demetrios
- Provided an update on the Strategic Plan.
- Provided an update on the St Demetrios Centennial Event February 5-6 at which the Archbishop and Metropolitan will be guests
- Voted for Parish Council members for the 2022-2025 term of office
- Thank you to outgoing Parish Council members Georgine Looney and Andrew Aliferakis
Friday of the 15th Week
Saints and Feasts Commemorated
Visit the Online Chapel for more daily readings, hymns, a monthly calendar of saints and feasts, and more.