Welcome to St. Demetrios Greek Orthodox Church
The mission of our web site is to provide an instant and accessible forum of information about our parish, its families, our culture and our faith, Orthodox Christianity. It is intended to be educational, informative and spiritual, with the ultimate goal being the spreading of His Word.
We welcome all resident and non-resident Orthodox and non-Orthodox faithful to our church and invite you to join us for altar services, educational programs and events.
St. Demetrios Mission Statement
"To proclaim the Gospel of Christ in the Orthodox Christian Tradition while creating a vibrant, loving, compassionate and supportive community."
- WHO: Teens in Grades 7 - 12
- WHAT: An Amazing Race around Portland! Discussions with our Clergy! Fun with Friends, New and Old! Confession and More!
- WHERE: Holy Trinity Cathedral: 3131 N Glisan St. Portland, OR 97232
- WHEN: March 17, 18, 19, 2017. Bus leaves for Portland from St. Demetrios on Friday, March 17th at 4 pm. Returns to St. Demetrios on Sunday, March 19th around 3:30 to 4:00 pm
- COST: $90 per person. Scholarships available for those in need.
Polycarp the Holy Martyr & Bishop of Smyrna; Proterios, Archbishop of Alexandria; Gorgonia the Righteous, sister of Gregory the Theologian; Damian the New Martyr of Mount Athos; Boswell, Abbot of Melrose Abbey
THE ORTHODOX WAY - Our Monthly Newsletter
Great Vespers, Small Compline
& Canon of Preparaton for Holy Communion
Saturday Evening, 5:00PM - 6:30PM
Sundays: Orthros (Matins): 8:15AM - 9:30AM | Divine Liturgy: 9:30AM-11:30AM
PLEASE NOTE: The above service times are subject to change. For the most up to date schedule, please see the Parish Calendar or call the Church office at 206-631-2500.